Friday, December 6, 2013

Letter to the skeptic

Dear skeptic,
I'm writing you this letter because I have been where you have been. Religion had me disgusted,disgruntled and trapped . I know what it feels like to look pitifully at a true believer because you are sure they are brainwashed and desperately looking for a comforting being to cope with the harshness of the world. I also have been through the drills, you know the prescribed and pre-worded prayers monotonously repeated like a delusional chant. Sometimes it even felt like the doses of asthma medication that I was so used to. "Say 7 bla bla bla's and one this, and two that " sounded like "take 7 Ventoline, one Prednisone for the wheezing and one painkiller for the chest pain. (In order to avoid offence, I deliberately left the name of the prayers out).
I understand the superiority that you  have about yourself because you know these things better. Still, I am asking you to try in your mind and separate religion which is man made from true spirituality(God's ideal) and seek God, seek His son Christ and the Holy Spirit. You see, He comes in a powerful package of three as you will hopefully soon learn.Ask Him to reveal himself to you and prove His existence in your life. You lose nothing from it. If anything since you are so sure of his nonexistence, it will only serve to prove you right, right? I am asking you because I have tasted and seen His goodness, I know His reality just as much as I know the reality that I am alive. I don't want Him contained to a few but spread out for the benefit of many. I urge you to give this as much earnestness as you have given in finding proof that he does not exist. I urge you also to dedicate as much time and energy as you put in your debates, research and whatever activities you engage in to assert that He does not exist. This is not an invitation to argue and prove my case, but an invitation for you to fully have all the facts before you decide that God is not for you!.
Sincerely,
a truly convinced believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts