Friday, October 11, 2013

No to "rachet"

When the term "rachet" first came on the scene, I was tickled ,mostly because it was used to describe mindless behaviour and badly behaved people who thought they were being cool. It didn't take long before "rachet" found it's way on our television screens on a number of reality shows which I still found somewhat amusing  and extremely entertaining (no guilt tripping please) because I couldn't believe anyone with an iota of sense could behave this way. I actually believed it was all for ratings and that most people would have the common sense to see through the lies and even more so the sense not to pick any lessons to live by. I was wrong on both counts because not only do people have  admiration for these sorts of people, people are adopting some of the mindless behaviour. More alarming is the fact that now church leaders think that they have to have reality shows to remain relevant. Enter "Preachers of LA" the newest mess on the scene! Really? No seriously, really?? If anyone has watched 5 minutes of that show you know what I'm talking about. One of the preachers tells us how there is no cohabiting between him and his new fiancĂ©e  (note the use of NEW) for "religious" reasons but I was left wondering where the religious reasons went when they had a baby before they were married. I'm not saying he ought to be perfect, I'm just asking him to be subjective about when he applies convenient rules. It's all quite absurd really.  If preachers are now having reality shows I wonder what's next Presidents with reality shows?  It's like I woke up and "rachet" was suddenly the new cool. Seems to that the more time goes by the more the use of wisdom and conscience becomes something to be scoffed at. Nevertheless I won't be joining the mindless movement anytime soon and I hope there are many people out there with me on this!
#NoToRachet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts