Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reputation

 Reputation
REPUTATION-the report and opinion a society has of someone.
If we profess so often that human beings make mistakes and are not perfect then why do we give reputation so much power over us?  Shouldn’t it be that because we are aware that human beings are flawed in their judgements, the reputation we have (formed by this less than perfect judgement) shouldn’t be the driving force of our actions. Shouldn’t it also follow that our maker who has the perfect judgement and furthermore knows even our inner self should be the one to drive our actions?
Paula white said it best
“You are never as good as they say you are nor as bad as they say you are”
If someone has ever called you something you are not, that is already enough proof that this person should actually not affect anything you ever do because they know nothing about you. Why let the wrong judgements be the ones to drive us? Sometimes we even give these people more power over us than the people who actually know us and want to help us be better. We get more affected by the lie that some person told about us than the truth that someone who loves us will tell us.
Isn’t it funny how we’ll engage in hours of arguments going ‘You don’t understand me’, ‘it didn’t happen like that’, ‘that’s not the truth’? If the person doesn’t really know or understand then why is it hurting you? Clearly they are proving to you their judgement is flawed and therefore you it should follow that their opinion does not really matter. Now if the person is telling the truth or at least trying to understand then they deserve the consideration, otherwise it shouldn’t dampen your spirit.

There is only person who knows us better than even ourselves, that is our heavenly father, He already has the description of who you are, and it’s in His word. A relationship with Him will reveal this person to you. Aspire to that, forget the rest after all everything He wants you to be and has written for you to be is good, because that is just who He is GOOD in every sense of the word. You simply CANT go wrong with God.
I am not writing this from a know all perspective, am writing this from a learning perspective, Lord knows I have been one of the ‘reputation’ minders. It wore me out! But then I had this change, the more I find God, the more I realise how I have duped myself all my life trying to keep a ‘reputation’. It is God’s view that matters, I am who He says I am and I’ll continue to work toward His image of me and let go of what people think I should be. Am moving further away from the people who really shouldn’t bother me to those who actually matter.The people who really matter to me see that image that God has of me and they are the ones who inspire me NOT the snide remarks, not the judgements based on my past mistakes, not the rumours, not the comments from a jealous heart, none of it, just God’s true image.

3 comments:

  1. Man has a fatal flaw, i.e a natural tendency to look up to the approval of others. He likes to be re-assured, call it an urge to quench the thirst of his ego. In so doing he forgets the imperfection that all men wield, thus neglects the fact that their opinions could be false.

    But as you put it, such opinion is not necessary, as already put, mans imperfection makes it barely relevant. It is better to look up to the lord than mere men.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts