Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's really not neccessary

So here I was thinking that in marriage, there is a sense of security and therefore there is no need to flash what you already feel safe in.I guess that's not the case these days. I see too many people "struggling" (for lack of a better word) to say to the world,"we outcheeeaaa , M.A.R.R.I.ED, look at us, we killing the scene! marriage has never been done like this before".

 It's almost like those bullies in nursery and primary  school who would snatch something from their victims and proceed to sing the "nye nye nye nye nye" song while flashing whatever it is they snatched. Listen, don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the genuine show of affection, I'm talking about the "scream-in your face- act" that tries so hard to convince people that you have arrived. I keep thinking something must be seriously lacking or that there were definitely insecurities going into the marriage so now there is a need to display the "trophy" you never thought you would get. Sad ,sad sight. The word of God says love does not boast 1 Corinthians 13:4 and that does not only apply to the couple towards each other but the couple towards other people.  Too many people are getting into marriage under pressure, for all the wrong reasons  and with the wrong foundation.I just pray that people(myself inclusive) will learn to take that step with the right intentions, on the right foundation so that we don't have to do too much. Honestly, it's not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts